Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

C'est Finis!!

Seriously this photo does not do this justice but I don't even know if I want to sell this puppy!  I bought this door at the Habitat for Humanity in Azusa at the beginning of the summer with this very vision and slowly worked on it.  Because it was such a huge endeavor I would distract myself with smaller pieces delighted in the more immediate satisfaction from seeing my work manifest itself in a much shorter time than this piece.  Then I had the mishap that I did not capture on film where the top when I transferred it was slightly leaning like the Leaning Tower of Pisa.  Having to start over the process on the top left me feeling slightly bewildered.
Then last Friday I said to myself, "Self, finish this piece and move on from it!"  It was a triple digit day on Saturday so even at 8pm it was in the 80's and I was sweating something fierce.  Something grabbed hold of me though and I powered through it.  Tomorrow I go to the Knot Too Shabby store in Glendora and show Michelle Rivard.  She is going to LOVE it!


                                           Even my tag is a repurposed library card catalog card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your interest I will get back to you as soon as I can...