Blog Archive

Monday, September 17, 2012

Getting busy!

I seem to be on a roll lately.  Getting in and creating my art.  I finally dropped off some of my pieces at Knot Too Shabby store in Glendora. http://www.knottooshabbyfurnishings.com and what a thrill to see some of them displayed in the front window!  I really feel as if this huge piece of my puzzle has found its place.  My photography, my graphic design skills, my love of bringing new life to something overlooked and wanting to leave this place a little better than I found it all converge into my art.  I don't just use my images but also some vintage ones that I love and today even scanned my collection of vintage Christmas postcards I bought last year.  At the time of purchasing them I did not know what I would do with them, but loved them and bought them all the same.  Now I know, I am going to scan them and put them on repurposed wood!

I seem to work in themes.  Paris is a current theme.  Two summers ago my mother in law and her sister took myself and my daughters to Paris for a week.  We stayed in an apartment just around the corner from the Eiffel Tower.  Aside from some smaller pieces of the details of that trip. I bought a beat up door from the Habitat For Humanity's Restore store and am working on an emulsion transfer on that! I will be sure to post it as soon as I finish it I promise.

So with that I will show you the one I did of my father's photo he took before I was born.
                                               Photo by Charles L. Hamm early 1960s

Cool photo huh?  Yeah as soon as I picked up a camera he taught me how to see a photo before I take it.  How to frame it and how to see it as a photo through the viewfinder that way if something was sticking out of someones head or their feet were cut off to adjust my position to capture it better.  I still have his old Mamiya C3.  Years ago I had it restored and it still works great.

Well the house is screaming for some order so off I go and do the other part of my job...housekeeping.
Then off to the shed to finish that door!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your interest I will get back to you as soon as I can...