Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I've been a little busy...

So if you are just tuning in, I have been one busy lady.  I have my very first craft show this upcoming Sunday in Long Beach www.patchworkshow.com/locations-long-beach.php plus I am getting ready for our local Christmas Holiday Stroll with my product line in Knot Too Shabby www.knottooshabbyfurnishings.com.  I wanted to quickly show you some of the things I have been working on.
So a while ago I was telling Michele Rivard the genius behind the Knot Too Shabby store that I was working on how to transfer onto other materials other than repurposed wood.  I was about to start on cookie sheets when she handed me this beat up ol-left-outside-for-years gas can and said, "See if you can do one on this."  "Hmm. ok." and I took it back to my "shed" and its been sitting there looking at me while I went onto other projects.  For me its about the image always has been. I just needed some peculating time to figure out just which one would work. Then the image hit me.  My fathers 60's drag race photo.  Seriously its a rockin image!


So then I went onto finish these little, inspired also by the awesome Michele Rivard, silver pockets.  Thank you Graphics Fairy graphicsfairy.blogspot.com for the digital image of the Thanksgiving Greetings postcard.

 Then lastly I created, from the mother load of card catalog cards I adopted from my children's elementary school when they went digital, these awesome gift tags!  Seriously I am in love with Repurposing, what an incredible creative outlet for me.



Oh and by the way this last photo is going to be a Christmas card this year.  Life is good.  As they say Have a good day unless you have other plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your interest I will get back to you as soon as I can...