Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 22, 2013





So this post is to tell you how much I love going into these stores.  I start to salivate seriously.  The things I could make, restore or find a place for.  I love metal file cabinets and old window panes, my doors for image transfers, you name it they have it.  There stock is rotating constantly with new donations every week.  I am grateful that this place exists, that there are those who know to donate their used household items there and that my dear friend Paula took me on an errand there a few years back!  I've been hooked ever since.  What's a twofer for me is that it is recycling at its finest and the money goes to building homes for the less fortunate.  
I've been meaning to post this for a while.  So the next time you are going to scout the local Hardware Super stores, look up instead the nearest Habitat for Humanity.  It may not be so close, but you just very well may be surprised that one is.  And once you find one, keep it in mind that whenever you finish your home improvement projects and have left over supplies donate them here.

4 comments:

  1. Michelle, which ReStore is this and when did you take these pics? There's a mirror in one of your shots that I NEED!!!! Thanks for the post. I too love these stores.

    Candice
    emailforcandice@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were taken a few weeks ago. Its the one in Irwindale off the 210.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you get a chance, take a look at the Habitat store in Pasadena--I always find great stuff there too. It's tucked away north of Orange Grove (this is north of the 210 freeway), in an alley that runs behind Fair Oaks (the east side of that street).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to go there. Will check it out in the next few weeks for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your interest I will get back to you as soon as I can...