Blog Archive

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Repurposed Printers Tray to Art

So it has been a very busy summer.  With the circus (my three wonderful children) home during the days I am often swept off to various adventures, contantly distracted and while trying to maintain a livable and fairly clean home in the meantime.  When I have found a moment or two to myself, one can usually find me in the back shed creating.  Even though I am practically melting in the summer heat while doing so, I am totally and completely happy doing so.

As I mentioned in an earlier post this summer is when I  discovered my love for repurposing wooden pallets.  I have now also opened myself up to other wooden products I can somehow repurpose with my art.  Whether it be a dresser I found at a thrift shop, frames I have bought at a garage sale or even printer's trays, I trying my latest learned processes and delighting in the results.

Two weeks ago I took my annual vacation to Oregon.  Much of my family still lives there and lets face it there is nothing like an Oregon summer. While there I stopped again at one of my favorite stores that I had discovered the previous summer while antiquing with a dear friend.  It is called the Aurora Mills Architectural Salvage www.auroramills.com .

Being on a budget I was not able to buy all that my heart desired, however I was able to find 4 printers trays and knew right away what I would do with them.  Here is what one of them looked like before I got started.



It took some time to prep them but it was well worth the effort.  Here is the finished product.  What I love is that this is what I saw in my head as soon as I picked up this tray and then to be able to create it.  Awesome!
I took the original photo of the Eiffel Tower in June 2010

Here is a closeup of the detail.

The tray measures 16.5 inches wide by 32.5 inches long and is actually quite light, so its easy to hang.

What I love is that a company like Aurora Mills sees value in something that others would simply throw away and they salvage it. Then I become part of the solution and create art out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your interest I will get back to you as soon as I can...